Explore Rotterdam. We’ve collected some tips from locals and compiled a handy guide for you.
Rotterdam Tourist App
You can get general tourist information about things to see and do in Rotterdam here.
You can also download a PDF version of the Rotterdam City Map.
Don’t Miss: Architecture Walking Tours Rotterdam!
Rotterdam is the architecture capital of the Netherlands and ranks among the top international architectural destinations. The city is like an open-air museum, and Walk Rotterdam offers guided walking tours with local architects to talk about the architecture, art, history and the character of the city.
- The Watertaxi is awesome, and it’s starts from just €4.50 per person.
- Cube houses: check them out also from the inside, and they’re right next to the Markthal.
- The Markthal: A thriving foodhall with over 100 food stands in the city centre
- Go up the Euromast, the tallest structure in the Netherlands. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can also abseil down the side for a view of Rotterdam unlike any other.
- Visit the Boijmans van Beuningen Museum and Depot. The depot is the “world’s first publicly accessible art storage facility”.
Like a Local
Would you like to explore Rotterdam like a local? Our Rotterdammer colleagues put together a list of their favourite places for you to visit.
Emeka Ebiogwu, Member Services Analyst recommends:
- Supermercado: This is a great start to a night out, located on the Witte de Withstraat, which is basically the centre of Rotterdam’s nightlife. https://supermercadorotterdam.nl/
- De Huismeester: Looking for a cosy place for some food and drinks? Head to De Huismeester in the city centre. https://www.dehuismeester115.nl/
- Oude Haven: Out exploring near the famous Cube Houses? Head to the Oude Haven area, an old port packed with bars and restaurants. https://oudehaven.nl/
- Hotel New York: A historic Rotterdam venue for food and drinks https://hotelnewyork.com/
Lina Tarasonyte, Legal Counsel, picks her favourites:
- Bazar: Try out some Middle Eastern food for a dinner or lunch at moderate prices (for the Netherlands), quick service and good food. https://www.hotelbazar.nl/en/restaurant/
- Deli Bird: Great Thai food close to Hotel New York. http://www.delibird.nl/site/
- Koekela: If you have a sweet tooth, head to Koekela to treat yourself to a nice slice of cake and other treats. https://www.koekela.nl/en/
- De Witte Aap: Once named the best bar in the world by the Lonely Planet, this late night cocktail spot is still fun. Let us know if you think it lives up to the hype! https://en.dewitteaap.nl/about-us
Theo Fyllaridis, Legal Counsel, shares his top picks:
- Fenix Food Factory: This food market has street food stalls, and a tap room from the local Rotterdam “Kaapse Brouwers”. If you’re lucky with the weather, you can sit outdoors by the river and enjoy a great view of the Erasmus bridge and Rotterdam skyline. https://www.fenixfoodfactory.nl/
- Vessel V11 – This red ship is docked in the centre of Rotterdam. You can eat here during the day and at night it often has live gigs followed by a DJ. https://www.vessel11.nl/en/
- Harvest Cafe & Bakery (Harvest Coffee Brewers): Enjoy a hearty breakfast, brunch or lunch with delicious coffee. https://www.harvestcafeandbakery.com/